3500 W. 4th Street
Sioux City, IA 51103
To make a referral: (712) 226-1856
Rosecrance Jackson Centers’ Adolescent Stabilization and Assessment Unit is a 12-bed unit. It is designed specifically to provide round the clock, sub-acute, medically managed care for those 11-18 years of age.
What We Offer
- 24/7 stabilization, evaluation, detoxification treatment services
- On site psychiatric and professional medical care
- Initial assessment with psychiatric staff will occur within first 24 hours to determine appropriate level of care
- Active therapeutic programming to stabilize patients with acute behavioral or psychiatric symptoms
- Length of stay is designed specifically around the patient’s needs
- Will work with referral source to determine placement for the patient upon discharge
- When appropriate, access to Rosecrance Jackson’s inpatient substance use program and outpatient substance use and mental health services will be provided
Referrals to the Adolescent Stabilization and Assessment Unit are accepted from several different avenues, including hospital emergency departments, medical providers, law enforcement and families.
- Referrals can be made 24/7 by calling the Stabilization Unit at 712-226-1856
- Initial intake information will be gathered via telephone by Registered Nurse (RN) on duty
- Before admission RN will consult with medical provider to determine if patient meets criteria
- If referral is from a medical facility, lab work & other medical information will be requested
- If referral is a family member, the prospective patient will be screened for urgent medical issues and may be referred to the ER prior to admission.
- Court orders can be issued for placement of patients
If you want to learn more about the Adolescent Stabilization and Assessment Unit, or to make a referral call us today at 712-226-1856.