Alcohol Diversion Education Classes
Eight-hour prevention classes for youth and young adults utilizing the Prime for Life®-Alcohol curriculum
This evidence-based motivational intervention, and pre-treatment program is for people who are making high-risk choices. It is designed to change drinking and drug use behaviors of youth and young adults by changing beliefs, attitudes, risk perceptions and motivations. Youth learn how to reduce the risk of alcohol- and drug-related problems throughout their lives.
The classes focus on:
- Educating youth about low-risk alcohol choices
- Assisting individuals in self-assessing their level of progression toward alcohol or marijuana dependence
- Helping individuals to recognize and use their positive social and psychological influences to help them overcome the barriers to successful low-risk choices in the future
The classes are suitable for:
- Youth referred by court (e.g. possession, public intoxication)
- Youth and young adults ages 13-20 engaging in drinking and/or drug use
- Middle/high school and college students who are beginning to experience negative consequences related to alcohol and/or cannabis use
- Parents of youth
Youth benefit from the classes by:
- Being able to share their thoughts, feelings, and reflections in a safe environment
- Learning how influences and personal choices determine outcomes
- Reflecting on new beliefs and how they may bring about positive change
Classes are no charge to participants.
The classes are taught by certified instructors utilizing the online platform Zoom. Register using the links below.
August 7-10, 4-6 p.m.
September 5-7, 4-7 p.m.
October 16-19, 4-6 p.m.
November 14-17, 4-6 p.m.
December 4-6, 4-7 p.m.
Please contact Jody Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712.584.2030 To make a referral or for more information.